The ancient Indian tradition of Yoga has a plethora of benefits for physical and mental health. Yoga exercises have been clinically shown to be extremely beneficial for the mind, body, and spirit.
Yoga exercises help calm the nervous system, decrease blood pressure, sharpen mental focus and increase flexibility. There are certain Yoga exercises and poses men can do to improve sexual health as well.
We shall discuss some Yoga Exercises you can do to improve libido and sexual well-being.
The Butterfly Pose
This pose is very beneficial for channeling male sexual energy. To execute this exercise follow the given steps:
- Sit on a mat with your back aligned straight.
- Bend both of your knees, bringing the soles of your feet together.
- Place them as close to the crotch area as physically possible.
- It is not a concern if your knees don’t touch the floor.
- Hold this pose focusing on your inner thighs.
- Try and bring your knees closer to the floor, making it to the point where you feel a slight stretch.
- Try and breathe into this stretch and relax.
- Maintain this position for about 3 minutes.
- Closing your eyes while performing this pose can make it better.
This pose is great for improving libido and sexual desire in men.
The Cobra Pose
This pose is known for stimulating male sexual energy centers in the body.
- Lay on all fours with arms around shoulder width and knees almost together.
- Place your palms on the mat and elevate your upper body.
- Keep your front torso raised.
- Lower the rest of your body.
- Your knees should be almost together.
- Arms should be straight in this position and elbows should be pointed towards the body.
- You can try to look up if it feels comfortable.
- You can try resting on the forearms if you are not comfortable with the position.
This pose is beneficial for improving potency in men.
The Crow Pose
This pose helps in maintaining inner strength and vigor in the body.
- Squat and place the hands flat on the mat.
- The hands should be shoulder width apart.
- The fingers should be spread wide.
- Keep your hands and feet right where they are and lift your hips upwards.
- Bend your knees and lift your heels off the floor.
- The balls of your feet should be down.
- Press the knees into the back of the triceps and shift your body weight on the fingertips.
- Pick one foot off the floor at a time.
- If you have problems balancing you can bend your elbows.
- Use your core to draw your navel towards your spine.
- Stabilise and find a lift in the center of your body.
- The position should be such that it allows you to straighten your elbows and hold it.
- Try and focus your sight just between your hands.
- This will help in keeping balance.
This pose can be difficult for beginners and must require some practice to master. Be patient, practice and the efforts will pay off.
The Rocking Pose
This pose helps activate all the energy centers in the body.
- Sit on the front edge of the mat and tuck into a ball position p.
- Bend your knees towards your head and wrap the arms around the shins.
- Relax and breathe normally while rocking onto your back.
- Rock towards the original seated position.
- Be cautious while doing this and don’t roll on your neck as it can cause injury.
- Try rolling like this for a while.
- Gradually work your way up towards longer periods of time.
This pose is a quite relaxing pose so it can be done by most people. This pose also helps activate your core muscles.
Breathing is also a very important aspect of yoga exercises. One should breathe rhythmically while performing yoga poses. Yoga exercises can be done properly only with proper breathing.
In addition to these exercises, one can also practice breathing exercises like the Pranayama and Kapalbhati which will help facilitate proper breathing patterns.
If executed properly all of these exercises can drastically improve your mental well-being along with your sexual health.
Yoga has been used by people for thousands of years to alleviate mental and physical illnesses. You too can practice this ancient tradition and enhance your sexual power.