Retinyl palmitate is a popular ingredient in most skin care products. But why so? Let’s take a sneak peek why this ingredient is considered so important in all the skin care products.
What is Retinyl Palmitate?
This compound is a saturated fatty acid that is present in your body. The presence of this saturated fatty acid is very important as it avoids your skin from being dry and helps in maintaining the healthy fat layer under the epidermal layer.
Retinol is Vitamin A in its molecular form, it plays a major role in skin cell regeneration. Retinyl Palmitate is an ester of palmitic acids and retinol. It is gentler than Retinol.
Benefits Of Retinyl Palmitate
There are a number of benefits of Retinyl Palmitate that you must know:
- Helps treat Wrinkles and fine lines which helps you look younger than your actual age.
- It helps in repairing skin cells that produce Collagen and Elastin which helps you look fresh and revives your skin.
- Helps in regaining the firmness of skin by restructuring the dermal structure.
- Leaves your skin smooth and even textured.
- Causes regular shedding of the epidermal layer to produce new skin cells
- Helps your skin rejuvenate
- Retinyl Palmitate has small molecular structure and hence reaches the pores of the skin.
Side Effects Of Retinyl Palmitate
Excessive use of this skin care solution can lead to the following conditions:
- Increased hair loss.
- Can lead to a persistent headache.
- Toxicity in the liver.
- Excessive use may also result in weight loss.
- When taken during pregnancy it can also lead to birth defects due to the high dose of Vitamin A present in it.
Although these side effects are only seen if there’s an excessive use of Retinyl Palmitate, it won’t occur if you regulate the use of this skin care solution
Retinyl Palmitate is an ingredient which is beneficiary to the skin in many ways. Do not hesitate to buy a skincare solution if you see this ingredient in it because it is very beneficial in many ways. Most people suffer from side effects because they do not follow the instructions properly and/or misuse the solution. If you’re not one of those people, then Retinyl Palmitate could be your best friend for as long as you’d like it to be.
If you want to try out a product with this ingredient, click on the link below.