Turmeric is the yellow spice used in households to add color to your food. It also behaves as a medicine to cure various anti-inflammatory diseases. Turmeric also deals with the problems related to obesity and other metabolic problems which mitigate to the weight gain issues.
Turmeric is rich in curcumin which helps to cut off food intake and causing the transformation of stubborn fat into energy. It also regulates the sugar intake levels and prevents insulin increase.
The following is the article that will help you to know more about the ways to use turmeric for the weight loss process.
Ways To Use Turmeric For Weight Loss:
The consumption of turmeric for weight loss can be done in the form of turmeric tea or turmeric juice in the morning. It can also be consumed with milk at night. In the form of tea or juice, the following are some recipes that you can try out:
Turmeric and Cinnamon Tea:
How to make?
- Take a saucepan and pour a cup of water with cinnamon leaves in it and boil the water till it becomes half.
- Pour the left water into a cup and let it cool down till the moment when it is not too cold or hot.
- Now add turmeric and mint leaves paste to it and stir well.
Note: Strain if necessary.
This tea is rich in nutrients as it contains cinnamon which is an antioxidant that helps in the betterment of the insulin level sensitivity in your body. It also helps to cure the irritation syndrome that is caused due to the malfunctioning of the digestive system.
Steps to be followed to make turmeric milk:
- Take a vessel, heat milk for 6-7 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add turmeric to that milk and stir it well.
Note: Consume when it is hot as it is more beneficial.
This turmeric milk is rich in calcium due to milk being a major source of calcium. Therefore, it strengthens your bones and prevents women from the osteoporosis diseases.
Ginger Turmeric Tea:
Directions to make ginger and turmeric tea:
- Take a saucepan and pour a cup of water in it.
- When the water comes to boil add ginger and turmeric paste to it.
- Turn off the flame and let the tea to cool down a bit.
Note: Strain the tea before drinking.
Ginger is the most ideal food for suppressing your appetite and control of bad cholesterol. Hence, seeing this when mixed with turmeric tea, it helps to solve gastric problems and also help in rapid weight loss.
Turmeric and Centella Juice:
The following is the way to prepare turmeric and Centella juice:
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric paste and Centella paste, add them to a cup of water.
- Leave this mixture of juice in the fridge for half an hour and strain the solution before drinking.
- The use of Centella herb in this juice helps to prevent skin problems, digestion problems and also problems related to cognition.
Turmeric and Garlic Shots:
Take one teaspoon of turmeric paste and a half teaspoon of garlic paste, with one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix them all in 90 ml water.
- Refrigerate it for 20 min and stir it well before drinking.
The use of garlic paste in this shot helps to boost the metabolism level in your body and reduce the risk of diseases like diabetes, hypertension, etc. Also, the use of lemon juice helps to prevent your body from storage of fat.
Thus, apart from regularly consuming the recommended dosage of turmeric, its better to control your meal size, junk food cravings and eat only healthy veggies and fruits with some light exercise 3 times a week. This can help in weight loss as well solving the obesity-related problem at the same time.