Home Remedies For Longer & Thicker Eyelashes
Everybody wants thick, lustrous eyelashes. They are the real jewels of beauty. They make your eyes look all the more beautiful and attractive.
Factors like genes, age, medical conditions, hormonal imbalances etc often contribute to thin and small eyelashes.
Rubbing eyes roughly, not removing eye makeup before hitting the sack can also cause the delicate hair of your eyelashes to fall out.
However, you need not despair, here are some home remedies to get natural beautiful eyelashes. Bear in mind that these remedies may take weeks, even months to show their results.
Castor Oil is a follicle stimulator. It helps reduce micro bacterial growth on the lashes that hamper growth.
- Use a clean brush or cotton swab to apply castor oil on your lashes before going bed.
- You can also add in a few drops of Vitamin E to the oil before applying.
- Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of castor oil and fresh aloe vera gel.
- Apply it on your eyelashes using a cotton swab.
- Leave it on overnight and rinse it off the next morning.
- Follow either of these remedies daily for 2 to 3 months.
- Olive oil is rich in Vitamin e and oleic acid that nourishes and adds volume to your eyelashes. It helps your eyelashes stay dark.
- Dip a clean, old mascara stick or a clean cotton swab in warm olive oil.
- Apply the oil carefully on your lashes carefully.
- Leave it overnight, then wash it off with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Repeat this method daily for a few months until you get your desired results.
- Olive oil is a well-known natural remedy for promoting thicker hair growth.
- Egg contains biotin and Vitamin B that play a major role in improving the overall texture of your lashes. The high protein content in eggs helps create thicker and longer eyelashes.
- Beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of glycerin until you get a thick, creamy texture.
- Dip a cotton swab into this mixture and apply it on your eyelashes.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off using cold water.
- Follow this remedy 3 times a week for a few months to get thicker and longer lashes.
Green tea is another very effective home remedy to get thicker and longer lashes. It is rich in flavonoids that stimulate the growth of your lashes.
- Prepare a cup of unsweetened green tea and set it down to cool.
- Use a cotton swab to apply the tea on your lashes from roots to tips.
- Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water.
- (Note: When you do this, make sure the tea does not get in your eyes.)
- Do this twice daily for 2 to 3 months.
These peels are rich in vitamins C and B, folic acid and other nutrients that promote the growth of eyelashes.
- Put 1 tablespoon of moderately dried lemon peels in a container.
- Pour enough olive or castor oil into the container, so that the peels get soaked.
- Allow it to sit for a couple of weeks
- Using an old but clean mascara stick, apply the oil on your eyelashes before going to bed.
- Leave it overnight, wash it off with warm water in the morning.
Follow these remedies for a few months to get encouraging results.