At Home Abs Workout
You might have heard people saying that they joined the gym to get washboard abs. If you also have the similar goal but do not have enough money to join the gym you do not have to worry, you can build solid and visible abs at home. There are certain workouts which are effective in building blocky abs. However, to get an effective result you must support this workout with a proper diet.
You can see some effective abs workout below, these workouts can be done at home, they are:
Hanging Leg Raise
For this workout you need a bar to hang on and follow the following steps:
- Grab a bar and hang straight.
- Lift both of your legs up and try to touch the bar with the toes and squeeze your core.
- Now slowly come back to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 15-20 reps.
- This variation will target your lower abs.
Hanging Knee Raise
This workout is the same as hanging leg raise but it is for a beginner, to perform this step:
- Hang on a bar.
- Now join both your knees together and slowly lift them up.
- Try to touch your chest with your knees and squeeze your core.
- Now gradually take your knees down to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 15-20 reps.
- If you are not able to do the hanging leg raise, then do this variation.
Lying Leg Raise
You can do this workout anywhere in the park or in your room, to do this workout follow these steps:
- Lie down on the floor.
- Lift your legs up and hold for a second.
- Slowly lower your leg but do not keep your legs straight.
- You should do 3 sets of 15-20 reps.
- This variation can be done both by the beginner and advance.
Follow the following steps for this variation:
- Lie down on the floor and put your feet under something or ask someone to hold them together.
- Put your hands under your head and slowly lift your torso up and try to create a v shape.
- While elevating your body breathe out and squeeze your abs.
- Then slowly come back to the regular position.
- This variation will primarily target your upper abs, for effective result do as many variations as possible.
For this variation follow the following steps:
- Lie down on the floor on your back.
- Keep your both legs straight up and also keep your hands straight.
- Now lift your torso up and try to touch your toes with your hands.
- Hold your body in that position for a second and squeeze your abs.
- Now come back to your regular position and repeat, do 2 sets of 20 reps.
- This is a very effective workout to build a strong core.
- To perform this variation just go on the plank position.
- Hold that position for as long as you can, but at least 1 minute.
It is a myth that you need to join the gym to build visible abs, you can build abs at home also by following the proper workout with a diet.