We live in a world where the competition has taken such a crucial part in our lives that it defines our everyday purpose. While surviving in such a world, stress takes a compelling part of our lives. With the speed of this modern-day lifestyle, basic issues such as proper exercise, whole diet, rest or we can say the overall health of the man is completely overlooked.
This has led to harsh degradation of sexual health in men. One of the main reasons behind the degradation is the ignorance we offer to the sexual health of men. The male body is more affected by stress than females due to the hormonal composition of the body. Every unhealthy habit leads them to drop in their testosterone levels in their body. Testosterone is one of the key hormones in the male body system. It is not only responsible for functions related to sexual activities but it also majorly affects the physical and mental health of males.
Let’s study in brief why is sexual health degradation common nowadays.
There are a lot of options available ion the market to boost the testosterone levels in your body because of the advancement in the medical science. But, most of them are heavily chemical based containing steroids and other harmful substances that have severe side effects on the body. The Ayurveda has mentioned Ashwagandha as a prominent drug to counter the testosterone problems. It is considered as an optimal t-booster which has shown excellent results in gaining hormonal stability and improving the overall health of a being.
Sexual Health Benefits:
Improvement In Sperm Quality:
The herb helps in improving the semen volume, sperm count, and sperm motility. The herb helps the body in the production of nitrous oxide which helps in the circulation of genital parts of the body. This ensures the proper and healthy production of sperm resulting in good-quality sperm.
Ashwagandha has a long history in traditional medicines as an Aphrodisiac. It is a potential and powerful sexual stimulant. The herb stimulates the production of nitrous oxide which helps in increasing the sexual drive and satisfaction. The herb has also been used as a common medicine for loss of libido and erectile dysfunction.
Male fertility is largely affected by the imbalance of reproductive hormones. Ashwagandha boosts the testosterone levels significantly and also helps in the production of luteinizing hormone which helps in the production of sperm. It also helps in reducing the levels of FSH(Follicle-stimulating hormone) and prolactin, which are found in cases of infertility.
One of the major causes of infertility in the modern days is stress. Ashwagandha is said to be an ideal natural anti-depressant. The herb helps in improving the sleep patterns, moods and boost immunity which helps in fighting stress and hence improving sexual health and fertility. It helps in reducing the levels of cortisol, a stress hormone which hinders your sexual health. It helps in stabilizing the hormones which improve your moods and thus, reducing stress.
The herb helps the body in stabilizing during the aging process and ensures the body’s positive response to the aging process. It also helps in maintaining the sexual functioning during the aging process. Ashwagandha also has shown considerable effects on the women endocrine system. It helps to reduce hot flashes, moods, and anxiety during the menopause.
Protection Of Sperm From Oxidation:
ROS are hazardous for the sperms and semen production and often leads to abnormal development in the sperms. This herb prevents lipid pre-oxidation. It also lowers protein carbonyl content and reduces oxidative stress.
Reverses the Ill Effects Of Smoking:
Smoking has ill effects on the sexual health just as your other body as it exposes the sperm to cadmium and lead. It affects sperm count, motility, and structure. Ashwagandha reverses the effects of cadmium on sperm-producing tubules. It helps in restoring the motility and the structure of the sperm.
Testosterone boosters are very often used for muscle gaining and bodybuilding as the hormone contributes to the majority muscle mass building.
Physical Health Benefits:
- Muscle Mass Gaining: Testosterone is one of the main hormones that promote the growth of muscles and helps in gaining muscle mass. Hence, Ashwagandha can also be used as the natural mass gainer. It is one of the ideal ways to gain muscle naturally.
- Increased Endurance: The elevated and appropriate testosterone levels in the body help you to boost your inner endurance. It helps you gain an edge in physical activities as well as perform longer physically.
- Reduced Recovery: The free testosterone levels in the body help you to regenerate your physical strength. Hence, Ashwagandha helps your muscles to recover faster after heavy physician activity or a workout.
Mental Health Benefits:
- Sharp-Focus: Boosted testosterone levels you to develop a sharp mental focus and take your mind off the distractions.
- Better Mental Clarity: Ashwagandha has been used to increase the concentration of the mind and help you get better mental clarity. This helps in developing a clear state of mind and stable mental conditions.
Apart from these benefits, Ashwagandha helps in countering male pattern baldness, stimulate the proper growth of facial hair and balancing blood sugar levels. It also helps in boosting your immunity and improving the function of your brain.
This herb is said to also have anti-cancerous properties and has been sue for its treatments since the ancient times.
Side Effects Of Ashwagandha:
Even though this herbal male enhancer is completely natural and is free from harmful side effects, improper dosage or incorrect methods of consumption can lead to certain side effects. Here are some side effects for you to be on the safer side:
- If you have peptic ulcer disease or thyroid, medical advice should be taken before starting the doses of Ashwagandha. The herb can have worse effects on the gastrointestinal tract. It is also advised to avoid the herb when you’ pregnant.
- The herb has the tendency to reduce the immunosuppression effects if certain drugs.
- It acts as a monoamine oxidase agent inhibitor, a kind of drug that decreases the availability of neurotransmitter dopamine in your body.
- The herb is believed to have sedative properties.
- Ashwagandha can magnify both positive and negative effects of certain drugs.
Why Is Sexual Health Degraded?
Here are some of the major reasons why sexual health is degraded:
- High Cortisol Levels: Cortisol, or stress hormone is released by the adrenal glands into the bloodstream to counter situations where the body undergoes high stress. This hormone inhibits the semen and the sperm production. It slows down the immune system and lowers the testosterone levels in the body.
- Alcohol And Drug Consumption: While a little alcohol can help lower inhibitions, over-consumption can impair your nervous system and lead to fatigue. Marijuana or commonly known as weed can suppress the pituitary gland that regulates the production of testosterone. They can also affect your libido and sex drive.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Libido is directly affected by testosterone levels. Therefore, low libido is often caused by low testosterone levels which is a result of hormonal imbalance. Low testosterone can be used can be caused by injury, inflammation or tumors in the testicles.
- Negative Emotional Impact: Communication problems, anger, conflicts, resentment in the communication and relationship problems usually lead to the suppression of the production of testosterone and hormonal imbalance.
Even though we live in a world where we have scientific advancement is so vast, that we can manipulate any function or dysfunction in the body. But the side effects are usually blindsided and ignored. Hence, no matter how much we advance medically and chemically, natural treatments are the best options and Ashwagandha is the jewel in the crown of Ayurveda when it comes to natural testosterone boosting.